A piping hot bowl of oatmeal sprinkled with some berries is one of my favorite kinds of breakfast and I think most of you people love to eat it. Do you know oatmeal can be topically applied for getting glowing and shinier skin? You will never have thought about it. Isn’t it? Well, a shocking but this is true that the oatmeal that you eat in the morning are also used as a face pack. Let’s talk about the oatmeal benefits for skin and skin problems that can be treated with oatmeal.
The most common skin problems of these days are acne, pimples, whiteheads, blackheads and nodules. There are the number of people who are suffering from acne problem. You also might have experienced acne or pimple at some point in your life. Acne can affect your face, chest, back and shoulder. They often occur when your skin pores have infected with dust, dirt and dead skin particles. Excess sebum production can clog the pores thus causes the acne development on the skin. There the number of skin problems that can steal your beauty. Yes, it is true that you can conceal the acne, pimples and acne scars with the help of cosmetic products or makeup for some time but what after then and what will be the results? This will result in more acne and pimples on your face after some time. So, cosmetic products are not considered as the best treatment option for acne. You can try oatmeal face masks to get rid of acne fast.
Oatmeal for Acne
Oatmeal masks for acne are one of the best natural remedies which will not give you unwanted side effects. This is easily available and affordable too. Oatmeal is good for all skin types. Oatmeal is a naturally absorbent which unclogs the infected pores and the excess oil deep in the pores, minimizes acne breakouts as well as reduces the development of whiteheads and blackheads. It is also a great exfoliant, but gentle on the sensitive skin. Oatmeal contains a number of nutrients that are beneficial for your skin. If you have acne that causes inflammation and itchiness to the skin, you can try oatmeal masks that will cool down your inflammation and relief the itch.
The Benefits of Oatmeal for Acne are as Follows-:
- Oatmeal can absorb all the excess oil from your skin and prevent it from clogging the pores.
- It also removes other toxins that clog the pores. It removes the dry and dead skin particles to prevent the acne.
- Oatmeal has great anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the swelling, redness and irritation associated with acne breakouts.
- Raw oatmeal works great as an effective exfoliate whereas the cooked oatmeal soothes the skin by preventing the inflammation and irritation.
- It dries up blemishes and shrinking them until they vanish.
- Oatmeal helps in removing the toxins and impurities thus it encourages the new skin cells growth.
- Oatmeal is a good source of fiber, omega 3 fatty acids, iron, beta-glucan and thiamine which support the immune system as well as regulate the blood sugar levels.
- It has also powerful anti-oxidant properties that prevent skin damage and help skin retain firmness and elasticity.
- Oatmeal contains magnesium, phosphorus, selenium, manganese and zinc which help in regulating the oil production and restore hormonal balance.
- The vitamins in oatmeal are B1, B2, B3, B6, B9 and folate are essential to skin cell regeneration.
How to Prepare Oatmeal Face Masks for Acne?
There are the numerous ways of using oatmeal face masks for acne. Youcan use it alone or in combination with some other natural ingredients that keep the skin healthy. Here are some of the effective oatmeal face masks for acne
- Simply cook 1 cup of serving of plain oatmeal. Stir in 1-2 teaspoons of raw and organic honey. Let to cool to room temperature. With the help of your finger apply the oatmeal face mask on your skin. Leave it for 20-30 minutes, rinse with warm water and pat dry the face.
- Another method is to mix 1 teaspoon of oatmeal flour, ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon of lentil powder. Stir in enough water to make a paste. Apply to the skin and leave for 30 minutes. Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- You can also try oatmeal with rice flour. For this, you need to mix equal quantities of oatmeal flour and rice flour. Add enough water to make a thin paste. Massage gently on your face and neck using circular motions. Leave on until it dry andthen rinse with water. You can repeat this activity three times a day.
You can see that oatmeal has the number of health benefits for your skin. It not only tastes good and works for your health but works for your skin too. You can get an acne free face as well as a glowing and clean face with the help of oatmeal masks. Try this natural remedy and make your skin glowing forever.